I recently changed my title from Life Transitions Coach to Success Coach and I’ve been thinking about what success means to me. Success for me has to do with feeling passionate about the work I do in the world. It’s about getting up each morning and being excited to go to work. One of the affirmations I use on a daily basis is “I am on my right and perfect path.” That feels like success to me. I want to share a quote with you that I heard in my Creative Business Studio class today. It’s from a book titled The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks. “I expand in abundance, success and love every day as I inspire those around me to do the same.” I feel successful when I am helping my clients to achieve success in their lives. There is great joy in seeing a client move forward in her life and claim the success she so richly deserves. There is also a feeling of contentment and all is well when I feel successful. Contentment doesn’t mean that I’m sitting still, far from it. I am taking action steps, marketing my classes and retreats, participating in inspirational teleclasses, blogging and updating and tweaking my website. Here are a few of the markers/signposts of success in my life.
- returned to teaching The Artist’s Way class in September, 2013
- launched my first website in February, 2014
- started blogging, February, 2014
- facilitated my first retreat in October, 2014
- hired a graphic designer in November, 2014
- facilitated my second retreat in February, 2015
- signed up for one year teleclass called Creative Business Studio in March, 2015
- facilitated my third retreat in May, 2015
- joined facebook
- co-founded women’s networking group in September, 2016
- attended four day retreat in Virginia Beach, VA, (Creative Business Retreat by the Sea) in October, 2016
The signposts of success are different for each person. Being a visual person, it helps me to see the list above. The real meaning of success for me is knowing that the work I am doing is making a positive difference in the world.
What about you? How do you define success? How do you feel when you are successful? What are the signposts/markers of success for you? Who in your life supports you in being successful? What is one action step you can take today to move closer to being successful? Please share your thoughts on success with me. I would love to hear from you:)