Julia Cameron, author of the Artist’s Way believes that creativity is our true nature. I agree! In teaching the Artist’s Way classes, I am continually amazed by the number of people who hold the belief that they are not creative. I think it’s easy to lose touch with our creativity. There are so many things that can block our creativity. Busyness, self-doubt, fear of failure, fear of success, procrastination, negative self talk, to name a few.
So, how do we blast through these creative blocks and tap into our creativity?
- Give yourself permission to be a beginner.
- Let go of judgement and negative self talk.
- Use affirmations (positive self-talk) to create positive energy.
- Take a 30-60 minute walk every day – some of my best and most creative ideas come when I am walking in nature
- Set aside time for creative work each week.
- Surround yourself with positive, affirming, supportive people.
Step outside your comfort zone, take a creative leap today. You’ll be glad you did.