Affirmations are Powerful! According to Julia Cameron, author of the best selling book The Artist’s Way, “An affirmation is a positive statement of (positive) belief, and if we can become one-tenth as good at positive self-talk as we are at negative self-talk, we will notice an enormous change.” She maintains that “affirmations help us to achieve a sense of safety and hope. The universe will always support affirmative action.”
Here are a few affirmations from The Artist’s Way affirming our right to be creative.
- I have a right to be an artist.
- My creativity blesses others.
- I now treat myself and my creativity more gently.
- I now share my creativity more openly.
- I now accept creative recovery.
- Creativity is a blessing I accept.
- I am willing to use my creative talents.
- As I create and listen, I will be led.
- I am willing to be of service through my creativity.
Shakti Gawain, author of Reflections in the Light states the following about affirmations. “An affirmation is a strong positive statement that something is already so. To affirm means to make firm. Affirmations should feel positive, expansive, freeing, supportive and personal. Affirmations should be clear statements that convey a strong feeling. Affirmations should be short, simple and succinct. Affirmations should come from your heart, not your head. Affirmations should always be in the present tense.”
I use affirmations on a daily basis and find them to be powerful and effective. Here are two that I am currently using: I am on my right and perfect path. I am easily attracting an Abundance of Ideal clients.
If you are interested in learning more about affirmations, please join me at the next Artist’s Way Class starting on January 12, 2015 in St Paul. Details on my website.