Recently I mentioned to a friend how unsettled I have been feeling and she suggested I look for the calm in the midst of the changes and chaos going on in my life. I decided to take her advice and here’s what I came up with.
The dictionary defines calm as 1. – a period or condition of freedom from storms, high winds or rough water, 2. – complete or almost complete absence of wind, 3. – a state of tranquility, 4. – marked by calm: still, placid, serene. I am looking for a new place to live and the process has been anything but calm. Most of the landlords/property managers don’t even respond to emails or voice mails. I keep wondering how they can expect to rent their apartments when they don’t respond to potential renters. I have also been using Craig’s List to search for a place to live. At first I was scrolling through about 500-600 listings per night and it was exhausting. I finally figured how to filter down the listings and it’s so much easier this way.
Some of the questions I am asking myself throughout this process are:
- What am I supposed to be learning during this time of change and uncertainty?
- How can this time of searching be a period of visioning what I want to manifest in the next chapter of my life?
- What metaphor might be helpful to me as I navigate these rough waters and high winds of change?
- What tools do I have in my toolkit to aid me in staying calm, serene and centered?
- How can I accept that this is a temporary state of affairs and not a permanent one?
- Who can I count on to support me during this time of change and upheaval?
What about you? Are you facing some changes in your life? If yes, how can you gracefully walk through them? Who can support you during this time when the path is not clearly marked? How can you remain calm in the midst of change and uncertainty?
I invite you to schedule a complimentary Creative Strategy Session with me and we can explore these questions together. Details are on my website.